Policy on Assumption of Incomplete Project
The following policy was adopted by the Board at its August 1, 2003 Board meeting.
When an architect assumes responsibility of an incomplete project, the following evaluation must occur before the architect can be said to have exhibited responsible charge over the project:
1. Program: the architect shall meet with the client to assure that the client’s needs are met.
2. Codes: the architect shall assure that the project is in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulation.
3. Coordination: the architect shall assure coordination with the other professionals in a multi-seal project.
4. Analysis: the architect shall assure the project meets all technical, aesthetic, and quality requirements and that site and environmental issues have been addressed.
5. The architect of record who assumes the incomplete project shall be charged with keeping records of the project for five years.